this is buyable Adam,
A downloadable 3D Roguelike Adventure for Windows, macOS, and Linux
V1.01 Created in 3 days for 7DRL.
Dare you explore BloodCrypt?
What dangers might befall you, what treasures you will find.
What monsters just might claw you, and feast, and crunch, and dine!
All assets, images, 3d models, 3d engine created by me! There is no Unity or Unreal - it is a custom OpenGL engine.
Brand new version (1.06) with new levels, monsters and an overall task: Get Moms Amulet from the Bone King!
Ver 1.06 Todo
proper end section with note from Mom
Ver 1.06 changes
- First Linux build
- bed, bedding, coffin, wood, coffin-open, shelf, bones, cup, plate, magnifying glass, models added
- hovering over a monster brings up a magnifying glass
- main menu alterations
- new logo integrated into menu and map view
- objects now activated. gold, food, etc can be properly dealt with, picked up etc.
- display speeded up with new object managment system
- monster(3d) and ui(2d) graphics seperated
- inhabit mode now shows axe and axe movement when attacking
- initial magnify info panel added
- monsters now have automatic info panel
- things have automatic info panel - key, coins, food
- new menu graphics with new logo
- new tickbox graphics
- infopanel tickbox activated by mouse click or S or DownArrow (when highlighted)
- when info panel is not shown - clicking when the magnifying glass is shown will give help text
- null added to dressing
- lightFX now has second grid added for more things
- nulllight added to lightFX
- initial work on getting hidden tiles to function correctly - sometimes they don't drop right
- fixed nasty bug which prevented movement from one tile to another
- monsters now spawn more regularly
- monsters can't spawn on top of other monsters
- initial trigger systems activated for some lighting
- fire and big fire now cause damage if walked over
- minor graphic glitch with direction arrow sorted
- lots of testing :)
- layout editor click on map moves to position
- scrolls can now be picked up from off the floor by click next to them
- books are now things - they can be picked up
- fruit, cheese, ham can now be on things
- monsters spawn more randomly - before they would always spawn. now they have a 0% chance of spawning
- monsters will hit back when attacked
- things can be picked up in front of you in inhabit mode
- minor menu graphics tidy up
- normal and inhabit movement now synchronised correctly
- inhabit now has vertical 'breathing' added
- internal tile data format changed to support multiple card decks
- editor - now supports multiple card decks
- initial level 3 sewer layout done
- tracker sequence sound reset sorted
- when escape (exit to menu) pressed map will also vanish if visible
- map now renders fluid
- map now shows correct details if been revealed - hidden parts are not shown
- map now renders path
- map now renders sewers correctly
- dust particles launch when knight moves
- gribmax has new graphics
- gribmax now pops and spans dribbles
- trapdoors now have popup info
- modified main shader to darken things as they go up. this gives a better render effect for the lights
- added some extra 3d position checking
- scores now integrated
- scores now saved
- scores now shown in main menu
- gold amount now linked direct to score
- movement bug - where you couldn't move - initial code rework
- transition from current floor to new floor code complete
- gates now have closed mechanism
- corrected internal floor jump systems
- added floor up/down systems
- you can now travel to different floors
- corrected right bottom icon display issue
- increased graphic fidelity
- minor score table edit to prevent multiple identical scores
- going up/down floors takes you out of inhabit mode
- 2x2 steps added to items
- 6 colored potions added to dressing
- external map different carddeck support added
- internal carddecks added to editor
- spikes now operational along with hidden triggers
- spikes added to main map - so you encounter them first
- card decks now operational
- initial blood sewer tiles complete
- level not clearing bug (where completed level was still present) fixed
- spike toggle when in inhabit mode corrected
- enemy2 becomes a wurm
- wurms added to the red sewer
- enemy3 is a batusbat
- bats added to red sewer
- book icons added to GUI
- tentacle added to monsters
- fallOff map created for monsters to track movements
- skeletons now track your movements and will always find you
- optimized fallOff map - it only calculates 1 offset per frame. it means creatures further away might not move
- additonal map tiles added so there is the opportunity to have a book at start - if found!
- books now appear in gui. there are 6 kinds with one being random
- each level now has a title and basic help text on what to do
- 2d graphics are now crisp
- levels start faded to dark grey when title shows then color and lights are added
- potions now appear in the gui. there are 6 kinds
- pink potion is BIG
- red potion is heal/hurt
- green potion is immune
- when big - you cant go through archways
- fixed mouse over blocked movement bug
- titles now show when you jump to a new floor - basic help on what to do
- implemented splash screen into core windows
- yellow potion is strength
- initial scroll UI set up
- correction to internal bitmapfont controls to correct alpha blending
- 5 helpful scrolls added to tutorial
- more movement error checking added
- quest buttons now start un-enabled
- quest buttons now updated And saved/loaded correctly
- available decks now 4 not 3
- new monster wraith
- new level ossuary
- new mx2 logo added
- corrected scores
- added lots of coins
- bone throne added
- skeleton warriors added
- ossuary starts with more bones!
- corrected floor/level when saving/adding scores
- skeleton king ole boney added!
- new modified potion icons that actually show what the potion might do...
- menu buttons now use game font
- Keys A/D now rotate view
- UI graphics slightly altered
- smooth camera motion now added
- blood hits screen when monsters attack you
- Top Left UI now shows bones when a monster is killed
- New Monster: Skeleton. appears after 6+ bones!
- general output light is now brighter LightGrey instead of Grey
- lighting brightened and toned down
- Key i now activates inhabit mode
- Key o now activates overhead mode
- Escape Key goes back to menu
- inhabit mode tidied up a bit
- bone graphics modified
- monster info shortened
- rotate buttons added to bottom right of screen
- new icon graphics fitting with style
- monster movement tweaked
- gribmax has 30% chance of giving you health when killed
- new trapdoor animation and models making things much easier to see
- new tree models and tree textures
- new inhabit icons at bottom right giving movement and fight
- new rotate icons at bottom right
- new keyboard controls for inhabit arrows, qweasd.
- bugfixes to new tile routines
- corrected inhabit to an from normal errors
- level jump codes added
- some food has higher probabilty of being poisoned
- crates, barrels, rocks, plant, cross added
- new tiles added
- tile colors modified
- sound trap and get-to internal tile triggers added
- dressings now have a height value
- new menu graphics
- trapdoors now open when the key is collected
- pink knight now moves properly
- monsters now move properly
- monsters now display blood scratches when hit
- 4th fluid shader added
- New Map view added with icon and keyboard M to activate
- if a monster can be attacked cursor glows red
corrected knight eye view
- basic food added. some food has random chance of being nasty. food is static, when it's there. it's always there
- clicking monsters now display health and attack levels
- monsters now display health and attack points above them when clicked and attacked
- new movement and attacking system for monsters
- red square to attack text added to menu
- attacking monsters has a 30% chance of the monster getting an attack in first
- monsters now drop 1..4 gold when killed
- more map locations to discover
- top indicator now shows both health (now green) and attack (silver)
- max health extended to 8 (previouly was 4)
- bestiary now includes gribbmax: a more bigger, badder gribble
- monsters now act in groups
- Vegetation now animates
- Flickering lights toned down
- Books added
- New 3d models added
- New map decor
- Map changes - crypt tree added
- Clicking knight displays information and raises and lowers
- Clicking a monster gives you some information
- Knight now faces proper direction
- New 'inhabit' mode, where you get the view from the knight - activate from new icon at top
- Direction arrows added when there is new ground at edges of tiles
- Now with gettable gold and monsters.
- Gate torch colors are now red.
- Bug fixes.
This has no sound and no monsters, just the procedural exploration (I ran out of time... Ahhh)
Later versions will have monsters and more...
just download and install for MacOS, Linux and Windows
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Almost, but not quite ;)
A Lot of the technology was developed doing this and sound needs to be sorted.
Congratulations! Very good! Mainly because of this -> All assets, images, 3d models, 3d engine created by me! There is no Unity or Unreal - it's a custom OpenGL engine. :)
Keep improving this project and in the future put some audio in the game.
success for you!
Thanks for the supporting words :)
I'm currently working on a custom sound system which will eventually be folded into BloodCrypt. Hopefully it will make it something a bit more special...
Hello Adam, I would love to say that I like your game but I cant. I cant because whenever I load in I get a straight blue screen! This game looks amazing but I cant see whats happening. Any help would be appreciated.
Great boardgame look and a home-made 3D engine? Nice. I keep fingers crossed for the development of this game.
Development is continuing. next version (1.05) will include new monsters, lighter look so it's not quite as dark, new models, and smoother camera motion. Stay tuned, all comments being looked at and taken seriously :)
I love the boardgame feel of the game. It's just very dark, please can you add some gamma controls so I can see what's going on?
Are you going to add some camera controls so I can pivot around the player?
Brilliant - I'm really happy you are enjoying it. I'll look into the gamma controls for you. Next ver 1.05 will have brighter overall look, so not so dark ;)
to rotate the camera use the arrow keys or click and drag with the mouse on screen :)
i hope you dont mind! i will be streaming your game on my youtube channel and my site will be writing an article about the game aswell. we have a developer spotlight so people can see new and upcoming games that are under the raider. so far im really digging this game. i want more people to know about it. ill include a link to this page so more people can grab the demo
No problem :). Let me know if there are any suggestions or help you might want. Be great to see it featured.
I'm liking the feel of this game quite a bit! I have a few recommendations for the current version:
- Lights flicker far too much
- tapping where to click is okay, would rather use keys on the computer though
- If I do click to move . . . I'd like to click more than just 1 block away . . . At least 5