Written for the Game By Its Cover 2018.
Bloom is a fast retro inspired plat-former with 5 levels, numerous enemies and fruit and special bonuses to collect (including the infamous Ice-cream trolly!).
You must help Squik pick flowers and arrange them in a row for extra points. collecting all the flowers leads to a bonus round and the next level. How far will you get without being hit by falling flower crates? If they get in you way, then punch them away...
Featuring accurate chip-sounds (from a custom chip synthesiser) and chip tunes.
You decide on the platform you want to play. Will it be the original arcade version, then NES version or the fabulous Atari 2600 version?
Dare you wait around for the trolly to be released?
Will you manage to get 3 matching flowers in a row?
How many crate will a florist mouse punch?
Will you hum along to the original chip-synth music and 8-bit sounds?
What will you do when the crates get too high and explode?
And who is responsible for the bonkers crane? Cyril the Lobster?
Will you Get hit by falling flower crates or blown to smithereens by TNT?
Both MacOS 64bit and Windows 64bit are fully supported.
Now includes Linux as well :)
Plays on any monitor even fullscreen - just click and drag to the size you require.
Full keyboard support with customisable controls.
Full high-score system.
Go on.... Play it!
Just download and run. everything should be fine.
- bug fixes
- fixed hiscore being duplicated when entered
- fixed hiscore wrong name when entered
- new hiscore update code
- fixed autoplay not resetting score
- fixed fruit and fruit counter being reset correctly on restart
- fixed score not being reset on start
- fixed MacOS Mojave display bug
- dropping tnt has a longer noise when hits ground
- dropping tnt hit time shortened
- fixed menu keyboard not activating exit
- keyboard exit now operates correctly
- modified code to potentially prevent 'top of ladder stop'
- keyboard fire on 'option' now operates correctly
PLEASE let me know if anything goes wrong or doesn't operate as you think it should. And i'll get onto it :)